A few notes
June 1, 2016 pm30 11:48 pm
- High Schools gave the Common Core Algebra II / Trigonometry today, and most were not in session. Mine? In session. A few classes got moved around. But otherwise regular day.
- I said “Tribonacci” in one class, and a couple of girls started giggling. It lasted half an hour.
- Voted SBOs today, and began to plan UFT luncheon. End of the year is really approaching.
- I’m following a hot argument between Chaz and NYC Educator (In post and comments here, and post and comments there.) I should write something…. But for now, one thing I notice is the language directed at new teachers. “Inexperienced” is fair. “Newbie” sounds intentionally insulting. I wish we wouldn’t hurl insults at the people we need to stay…
- Last regular UFT Exec Board Monday next week. Last High School meeting Wednesday next week, Central. Last DA Wednesday June 15.
- I’m going to the AFT Convention in Minneapolis in July. If they let me in (I think they have to). This time I don’t get to vote, and certainly I don’t get to speak. I liked speaking in Seattle (just once, and I probably shouldn’t have). Let me know if you’ll be in Twin Cities and want to hang out… (I’m also planning a ball game at Wrigley, and another at Miller Park.