A few notes

June 1, 2016 pm30 11:48 pm
  1. High Schools gave the Common Core Algebra II / Trigonometry today, and most were not in session. Mine?  In session. A few classes got moved around. But otherwise regular day.
  2. I said “Tribonacci” in one class, and a couple of girls started giggling. It lasted half an hour.
  3. Voted SBOs today, and began to plan UFT luncheon. End of the year is really approaching.
  4. I’m following a hot argument between Chaz and NYC Educator (In post and comments here, and post and comments there.)  I should write something….  But for now, one thing I notice is the language directed at new teachers. “Inexperienced” is fair. “Newbie” sounds intentionally insulting. I wish we wouldn’t hurl insults at the people we need to stay…
  5. Last regular UFT Exec Board  Monday next week. Last High School meeting Wednesday next week, Central. Last DA Wednesday June 15.
  6. I’m going to the AFT Convention in Minneapolis in July. If they let me in (I think they have to). This time I don’t get to vote, and certainly I don’t get to speak.  I liked speaking in Seattle (just once, and I probably shouldn’t have). Let me know if you’ll be in Twin Cities and want to hang out… (I’m also planning a ball game at Wrigley, and another at Miller Park.
  1. suevanhattum permalink
    June 2, 2016 am30 12:06 am 12:06 am

Twitter Math Camp is also in Minneapolis in July. I’ll be at that…

• June 3, 2016 pm30 10:57 pm 10:57 pm

I don’t really tweet much…. Will you be at the same time?

2. June 3, 2016 pm30 5:07 pm 5:07 pm

I’ll be around MSP in late July, drop me a line if you want to try to meet up some day.

• June 3, 2016 pm30 10:57 pm 10:57 pm

Absolutely – it’s the MIT address?

• June 4, 2016 pm30 1:43 pm 1:43 pm

Yeah, the alum.mit address does the trick.

• June 4, 2016 pm30 1:53 pm 1:53 pm

I don’t have that one. Can you e-mail me at this blog name at gmail?