Some new blog-links

January 15, 2007 am31 8:38 am

I’ve been vigorously adding things worth reading:

• Math Notations is Dave Marain, who’s been commenting here. High school math, puzzles, problems, bits of lessons, New Jersey
  • The Exponential Curve is Dan Greene, teaching math and blogging math lessons (charter school, in California?)
  • Dr. Homeslice high school teacher, and unionist, California
  • Math Teacher Mambo teaches 10th grade in Texas
  • Bright Minds (play and problem kids, and I am not sure what else, but it seems well-written)
  • Halfway There is a California community college math teacher, really politics, not too much math

I’ve also been interacting with some WordPress bloggers, but haven’t gotten around to linking yet. Darmok is named for a character from a SNG episode (I guessed right) and answers puzzles, right here. He’s also a physician with a scienc-y blog.  Daniel Livingstone’s Learning Games looks promising. I had an interesting exchange with Hal of Hal’s House of Pancakes; I’ll keep following it. Denise in Illinois writes Let’s Play Math. She’s homeschooling and motivated.

In the other direction, I’ve delinked EduInsights. What was I thinking when I put him up? Anti-liberal education, based on fuzzy stats. Not a good link for me.

1. January 15, 2007 pm31 7:01 pm 7:01 pm

Your Dr. Homeslice link in this post really goes to Bright Minds. The sidebar link seems to work okay.

2. January 15, 2007 pm31 7:18 pm 7:18 pm

Thanks. Fixed it.

3. January 15, 2007 pm31 8:20 pm 8:20 pm

Found a great post on Bright Minds on play and learning – thanks for posting these – and for including me!

4. Dr. Homeslice permalink
    January 16, 2007 am31 5:51 am 5:51 am

Hey, thanks for the link, I love the term “unionist”.

5. January 16, 2007 am31 10:44 am 10:44 am

Hey man I appreciate the mention, and I look forward to some more problems!

6. January 16, 2007 pm31 1:49 pm 1:49 pm

thanks, jonathan, for the acknowledgment…
    Bright Minds is sensitive and honest. I just replied to her post about Dr. King. I appreciate this link and several others. You have a great site. Now between my problems and your puzzles we have a full curriculum! I think you know I have another cause or 2 however…
    Dave Marain